This is a traditional recipe for cooking salmon on a cedar plank.
(1) cedar plank, untreated (about 6 x 14 inches)
1/2 medium salmon fillet (12-16 oz.) or (2) salmon steaks
3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Check frequently while grilling.
To limit burning of plank during grilling, spritz plank edges with water using a spray bottle.
Salmon should flake apart easily when done.
- Soak cedar plank in salted water for two hours, then drain.
- Rinse salmon and pat dry with paper towels.
- Generously season the salmon with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place salmon on the cedar plank; spread with mustard and cover with brown sugar.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Place the cedar plank on the grill.
- Cover and grill until cooked (see notes).
- If desired, serve right off the plank.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Fish, Shellfish, and other Seafood