This page includes a recipe and tips for cooking American lobsters.
2 American lobsters
sea salt as required
Wash lobsters, but do not allow them to sit in fresh water.
Before boiling, euthanize lobsters by inserting a large knife thru the head.
A general rule for cooking time is 7-10 minutes for the first pound and 2-3 minutes for each additional pound.
- Fill water in large pot 3/4 full.
- Add 1/2 cup salt per gallon of water. Bring to rapid boil.
- Euthanize lobsters and carefully put in boiling water.
- Boil until done (see prep notes).
- Remove lobsters and drain.
- Open tails and crack claws.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes