This is a simple soup made with oysters, oriental style rice noodles, and vegetables. This recipe works with any combination of fresh carrots, peas, celery, bac choi, and white corn if available, or use frozen mixed vegetables.
1 pint oysters with liquor
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups uncooked oriental style rice noodles
1 cup fresh vegetables or frozen mixed vegetables
1/4 cup butter
salt and pepper to taste
- Cut vegetables into thin slices.
- Drain oysters and save the liquor.
- In a large saucepan, simmer chicken stock, oysters, oyster liquor, butter, and vegetables.
- Cook just until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add noodles to the soup, cook 2 minutes.
- Cover, remove from heat, and let rest for 5 minutes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes