The following is a unique recipe for steamed littleneck clams with herbs and wine, courtesy of www.Fl-Seafood.com.
2 dozen littleneck clams, rinsed well
2 cups white wine
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 small red onion, sliced
2 Tbsp. chopped garlic
2 tsp. chopped fresh ginger
1 Tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro
2 bay leaves
1 tsp. whole black peppercorns
1/4 cup butter
- Place all ingredients except clams in a large sauce pan.
- Simmer on medium heat for 3 minutes; add clams and cover.
- Simmer until clams open, stirring frequently.
- Transfer clams to a large bowl. Boil remaining liquid until reduced to 1 cup.
- Pour broth over clams and serve.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes