This single fried oysters recipe includes an egg wash and seasoned coating.
18-24 oysters depending on size, in their own juice
1 egg, beaten
dash of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon yellow or spicy brown mustard
seafood breader mix OR flour with a dash of salt and pepper
- Rinse oysters in their own juice; drain.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on relatively high heat and add enough cooking oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Dip each oyster in beaten egg.
- Shake oysters in a bag filled with the breader mix or seasoned flour.
- Fry oysters until brown and then carefully flip once.
Serve hot with small rolls. If desired, add ketchup, mustard, tarter sauce or cocktail sauce.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes