Seafood Diablo is delicious and simple to make. This dish can be made with a wide range of seafood and vegetables (see notes).
1 pound seafood (see notes)
16 ounces diced tomatoes, with juices
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
1/3 tsp. kosher salt
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
3 Tbsp. Italian parsley, chopped
3 Tbsp. basil, chopped
1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
pasta, enough to make 4 cups (see notes)
Use any combination of the following seafood; sea scallops, bay scallops, shrimp, prawns, lobster, mussels, oysters.
Optional – include any of the following vegetables; mushrooms, peppers, sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts.
Linguini, penne, or bowtie pasta can be used with this recipe. Add enough pasta to make 4 cups when cooked.
Optional – traditional basil pesto can be used in place of the garlic, basil, and parsley.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Toss seafood in a medium bowl with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Heat oil over a medium-high flame in a large, heavy skillet.
- Add seafood and onion and saute about 2 minutes.
- Remove using a slotted utensil and set aside.
- Add tomatoes with juices, wine, garlic, and oregano; simmer until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add pasta to boiling salted water and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. Drain.
- Add cooked pasta and seafood to sauce and saute until hot.
- Remove from heat; garnish with fresh parsley, basil, and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes