This is a basic oyster dressing with bread crumbs, celery, onions, herbs, and spices.
1 pint shucked oysters
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 cups bread crumbs
1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
1 tsp. sage
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. poultry seasoning
1/8 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Drain oysters, reserve liquor. Remove any shell and chop oysters.
- Cook celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Add oysters and oyster liquor to vegetables; cook for 10 minutes.
- Combine oysters, cooked vegetables, bread cubes, and seasonings in a large bowl; mix thoroughly.
- Add additional oyster liquor as needed.
- Bake dressing in a greased casserole for 30 minutes or until edges are brown.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes