A traditional cream-based New England style clam chowder with vegetables.
2 cups diced potatoes
2 cups diced vegetables; carrots, celery, tomatoes, cabbage, fresh corn, onions (any combination)
1 can cream of onion soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 pt. half and half
1 pint fresh chopped clams with juice or (3) small cans of chopped clams, drained
salt and black pepper to taste
- Boil vegetables in salted water until tender; drain.
- Mix soups with half and half, blending thoroughly.
- Add soup mixture, vegetables, and clams to potatoes.
- Add milk if necessary to obtain desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Heat thoroughly.
NOTE: Do not allow chowder to reach a rolling boil.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes