This is a traditional recipe for crabcakes made from Maryland blue crab meat. Crabcakes can be made with “lump crab meat”, claw meat, or mixed crab meat.
1 lb. Maryland blue crab meat
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp. dry mustard or yellow mustard
1 tsp. crab seasoning
1/4 tsp. black pepper
dash Worcestershire sauce
Check crab meat for shells before mixing.
- Mix eggs, mayo, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and seasonings.
- Blend in crab meat and bread crumbs.
- Form into cakes and place on a platter lined with wax paper.
- Chill crab cakes for 30-60 minutes before cooking for best results.
- Fry in a hot cast iron skillet until golden brown or broil in the oven until brown, flipping once.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes