This etouffee recipe with crawfish or shrimp is versatile and easy to prepare. Several ingredients can be substituted.
2 lbs crawfish tails or shrimp, boiled and peeled
1/4 cup margarine
1 onion, 1 bell pepper, 2 stalks celery or 3 cups frozen vegetables
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1 (10 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (10 oz.) can cream of celery soup
1 (10 oz.) can tomato soup
4 cups cooked rice
- Chop vegetables
- Season crawfish with salt and red pepper to taste.
- Melt margarine in nonstick 10-inch skillet.
- Add vegetables and garlic salt.
- Cook over low heat until tender.
- Stir in crawfish; Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add soups; mix well; simmer until hot.
- Serve over hot rice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-30 minutes